Thursday, April 28, 2011

i heart

In 2007 Claiborne Swanson moved from San Francisco to New York where she worked as Anna Wintour’s assistant. After getting married in 2009, she left Vogue and began pursuing her love of photography.  Frank's photography exhibition "Indigo Light" features an installation of 29 portraits - all of women closest to Claiborne, like her sisters Veronica Beard and Alexis Trania.

“Fashion has always had a strong presence in my photography,” "it is not meant to dominate the portrait but instead add dimension –  My goal is to find something that takes your breath away… I dream to shoot my vision of spirit and soul.  I set out to take portraits that capture women in their greatest beauty and truth, whatever that may be.”

The photographs below immediately struck and inspired me...even taking me back to my own college days when I was studying photography.  My 1998 photography exhibition was part of my final graduation project and these photographs remind me in many ways of the fashion images I photographed, developed and installed over ten years ago.  

On a second note if you are not familiar with Claiborne's sister's label, Veronica Beard, be sure to check out the line which is based on the concept of the tailored men’s blazer with interchangeable sweaters that zip in and out. The sweaters are sleeveless so the bulky arm problem is eliminated.  Perfect for easing into spring and, upon summers end, taking you seamlessly into fall and keeping you looking your best through winter.  You can find the line locally at VERMILLION in Raleigh's North Hills or online www.vermillionstyle.com & www.veronicabeard.com

Be sure to check the end of this post for a few favorites!





self portrait, claiborne swanson frank




veronica beard by claiborne swanson frank


alexis trania by claiborne swanson frank

sophia pera by claiborne swanson frank



serena nikkah by claiborne swanson frank









boho dress

scarlett jacket
dickies
linen blazer







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...