Tuesday, May 31, 2011

J.Style Therapy

I first met Jennifer Resnick (personal stylist) at the S/S 2011 Vermillion fashion show in Raleigh.  I was there shooting pictures for the magazine.  Funny enough, I couldn't get my camera to cooperate that morning and I didn't get a single usable image.  I did manage to get Jennifer's card.  When I contacted her several months later and she agreed to sit down with me for my first Q&A I was thrilled.  Jennifer's confidence, natural sense of style and smarts were immediately apparent.  A mental and substance abuse counselor for 15 years - one can only imagine how that part of her career past compliments what she does today.  If you find yourself in need of a little style therapy (or a lot) or perhaps your closet needs some attention contact Jennifer and schedule your consultation today - www.jstyletherapy.com.  I promise you will leave with a smile on your face and feeling inspired!  Here are a few Q&A's from our get together.

HW: Who is your greatest fashion influence?

JR: My mom and my husband.  (Jennifer's mom was a talented seamstress and always encouraged her to follow her own sense of style and her husband who has a very genuine interest in supporting her love and appreciation of the world of fashion).

HW: Do you have any fashion muses?

JR: Yes, my six year old son who designs his own t-shirts.

HW: What are your must haves for Fall?

JR: Maxi dresses & anything pleated for Summer.  For Fall, I am loving all of the polka dots; a retro dress; a silky polka dot blouse and python.

HW: What's your top tried-and-true beauty product?

JR: Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation in a 4 or 4.5

HW: Describe your style in 5 words or less?

JR: Modern, bohemian with a little bit a classic mixed in.  I love color and I also like to experiment with different looks.

HW: Are you currently reading any good books?

JR: I recently finished Candace Bushnell's One Fifth Avenue,  Light & Funny!

HW:  Where are your favorite places to shop...Local and Out-of-Town?

JR:  I definitely like to support local businesses; like Scott & Molly's for their girly tried-and-true selections www.scoutandmollys.com.  Uniquities for denim www.uniquities.com; Vermillion www.vermillionstyle.com and Nordstrom for their rockin' customer service www.nordstrom.com.

Out-of-Town: Oak Street in Chicago and Kirna Zabete in SOHO for Lanvin, Stella McCartney and Alexander Wang www.kirnazabete.com

HW: Sweet or Savory?

JR: Oh, Sweet!  I'm talking hard core sugar.  Gummy bears, gum drops, all that stuff...

HW:  If you could travel anywhere in the world - where would you go and why?

JR:  Italy.  My family is from there and it makes me happy to be there.  The people are fantastic!  Also, Playa del Carmen in Mexico - the people there are amazing!

HW: Favorite era?

JR:  late 60's, 70's

HWWhat's your favorite part of your job?

JR:  The moment that a women looks at me and knows that she looks beautiful and that she can be stylish and sexy.

HW:  What is your greatest extravagance?

JR:  It would be a tie between acupuncture & yoga.  Oh, and power naps in a little nook we have recently created in our house.

HW:  Do you have a favorite motto?

JR:  It seems a little cliche to quote Coco Chanel but this quote really does sum it up for me.  It really is so much about the person and little about the clothes.

"Look for the woman in the dress.  If there is no woman, there is no dress." -Coco Chanel 



jennifer resnick of j.style therapy







shopping with a client

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...